Happy Monday, everyone!
In honor of today being national “crown roast of pork day” as well as national “cereal day,” I wanted to share a recipe for both of those. I’m sure many of you think, how does she even know these things? I have my sources… just kidding. I found a great website that tells me all the national food holidays. It’s awesome! I never knew there were so many days that celebrate different foods.
So here’s the recipes for this beautiful Monday: a great crock pot recipe for pulled pork sandwiches and a dessert that is sure to keep you going back for seconds, thirds, and maybe even fourths! This would be a wonderful meal to bring to someone. Just be sure to double it, so your family can enjoy it as well!
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Picture from Allrecipes.com
- 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin (or could use shoulder or butt roast)
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.
Picture From momswhothink.com
from Mom’s Who Think Website (awesome site with TONS of great recipe ideas!)
This recipe has a funny name, but don’t let that deceive you! It’s a DELICIOUS mixture with Chex cereal, peanut butter, chocolate, and powdered sugar… what could be better than that?! I’m thinking the only thing that could be better is that it’s simple and easy to make. It doesn’t last long in our house becuase it gets eaten by all! Bring this to a friend, and they’ll thank you for sure…
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
9 cups Crispix cereal (any flavor)
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for one minute then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Stir well.
3. Place the 9 cups of Crispix cereal in a very large bowl.
4. Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
5. Coat with powdered sugar, sprinkling evenly over the cereal and tossing as you sprinkle to cover each piece well.