Hi there! How was everyone’s weekend? My family and I headed to California to visit my husband’s amazing Grandma Bonnie, and we had a great time! Each time we go, we meet up with family at a favorite restaraunt called Vince’s. It’s a spaghetti place, and it’s amazing! My husband Zach’s dad has been going there since he was a kid, so this is quite the tradition. Here’s a picture of our youngest son, Deklan, enjoying Vince’s for the first time. Isn’t he just precious?! Gotta love it!
Today’s recipe for Stuffed Bell Peppers comes from a wonderful new resource I’ve come across called Healthy Mammas. It’s a great site, with tons of really healthy recipe ideas. You definitely need to check it out, as well as become a fan on their facebook page!
STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
Resource: Healthy Mammas
- 6 large green bell peppers
- 3 cups cooked, diced chicken breasts (organic! You could also use ground beef for a more traditional stuffed pepper)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (15 oz.) of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- Wash peppers well and cook for 5 minutes in boiling water (enough water to cover peppers). Drain on paper towels.
- Combine chicken, onion, garlic, rice and 1 cup of the sauce in a medium skillet and warm over medium heat.
- Heat through.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Fill each pepper with the chicken/rice mixture.
- Stand each upright in dish.
- If needed, slice a little off the bottom of each pepper to make level. Cover with remaining sauce.
- Bake covered with foil for 45 minutes @ 350. Uncover, top with cheese and cook until melted (about 10 minutes).