Hey y’all! I have a delicious recipe for Sloppy Joes from The Pioneer Woman. Did you know she has her own sho on the Food Network now? How awesome is that! I just think she’s amazing, and I know her show will be a huge success!
This would be a wonderful recipe to bring to someone. Enjoy! 🙂
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2-1/2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1/2 whole Large Onion, Diced
- 1 whole Large Green Bell Pepper, Diced
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1-1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder (more To Taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (more To Taste)
- Worcestershire Sauce, To Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste (optional)
- Tabasco Sauce (optional; To Taste)
- Salt To Taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
- Kaiser Rolls
Add butter to a large skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until brown. Drain most of the fat and discard.
Add onions, green pepper, and garlic. Cook for a few minutes, or until vegetables begin to get soft.
Add ketchup, brown sugar, chili pepper, dry mustard, and water. Stir to combine and simmer for 15 minutes, adding salt and pepper to taste. Also add tomato paste, Worcestershire, and Tabasco if desired. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Spread rolls with butter and brown on a griddle or skillet. Spoon meat mixture over the rolls, topping with a slice of cheese if it makes your skirt fly up. Serve hot with kettle cooked chips!