On July 4, 1776, America claimed it’s independence from Britain and the Declaration of Independence was formed. The 4th of July is about much more than food, this I know. But I can’t think of a better way to help celebrate America’s birthday than with this cake from Allrecipes.
When I picture 4th of July celebrations, one of the first things that comes into my mind is this cake that represents the American flag. Just looking at it makes me proud to be an American!
Here at Food Tidings would like to say a very special thank you to all branches of our United States military, as well as their families. Thank you for all you do to help maintain freedom here in America- we appreciate you!!!
RED, WHITE, AND BLUE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- Prepare cake according to package directions and bake in a 9×13 inch pan. Cool completely.
- Frost cake with whipped topping. Place blueberries in a square in the corner, and arrange sliced strawberries as stripes to make an American flag. Chill until serving.