Hi there! We finished our 2nd week at a summer camp called UCYC, and we had a blast. My husband Zach was asked to be the speaker for 2 of the weeks of Jr. High camp, and he did awesome. He is so great with the kids, and it’s awesome to watch him use the talents and the passion God has given him. My kids favorite parts were, “Sprite” (we don’t usually let them have soda, so wasn’t surprised to hear my 3 year old say this!), the climbing wall, zip line, and cereal. They got to pick whatever cereals they wanted in the morning for breakfast, which was like a little piece of heaven to them. It was such a great time, and we miss it already!
Today’s recipe of Crock Pot Indian Curry comes from one of my favorite “go to” recipe sites, Crock Pot 365. It’s an amazing site, with more wonderful crock pot recipes than you’ll know what to do with. The author, Stephanie, did an experiment in 2008 to see if she could use her crock pot every day of the year, and she totally did it. You’ll never be bored of your slow cooker using this site, that is for sure!
I’ve made this recipe many times, and it’s been a winner every time! This is a beautiful meal to bring to someone. So if you’ve signed up to bring someone a meal, and you’re not sure what to bring yet- consider this one. I’d love to hear how it turned out too, so be sure and comment either here or on our facebook page. Have a great day!
CROCK POT INDIAN CURRY
From: Crock Pot 365
-1 13.5 oz can of coconut milk (don’t use the light, it doesn’t taste as good. or use the light and then stir in heavy cream at the end. Your tongue wants the thick stuff… trust me.)
– 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
– 4-6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken thighs
– 1 T tomato paste
– 2 T curry powder (not a typo, it’s a lot, but it’s good. Curry isn’t spicy, just flavorful)
– 1 t ground coriander
– 1 t ground cumin
– 1 inch peeled and grated ginger (I didn’t use that much, I don’t particularly care for ginger)
– few dashes of hot sauce (I used Tobasco)
– 1 yellow onion. chopped
– 2 or 3 cloves of smashed and chopped garlic
– 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
– 1/2 of an eggplant, chopped (I didn’t peel)
– 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped (I hate peeling sweet potato, so used a knife and lost a lot of the flesh accidentally)
For directions and picture of all ingredients needed, click here to get to the Crock Pot 365 site. Enjoy!